Saturday, June 26, 2010

looper practice

In May I played a short improvised set here, behind that big white sheet:


(photo by David Kanaga)

I didn't really have any grasp as to how to make Live loop the way I needed to in 7, so my piano/howling/badly-played guitar combination got synced to the master tempo, got out of sync with me, and sounded like a jumbled, unlistenable mess.

I am practicing ways to deal with this in the future using newer software. No edits were done here. I'm also posting it as a WAV because it's not really a (finished) product. Just imagine that it's dark out, there are some drawings on the sheet, and I'm making high-pitched noises with my voice and it's just like you were there.

Looper practice, Saturday night (guitar/piano/software/footswitches)

No comments:

Post a Comment